From Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Migration from Make to Ant
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:06:39 GMT
Jerome Renard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started to create an Ant based version of the Makefile available in website/
>
> The problem with the Makefile is that it does not work at all on Mac Os X and
> is kind of hard to read.

Thanks for the work but I find ant kind of not working on windows (a lot of tasks still do
rely on cli tools) an extremely hard to read.

What about migrating to pake instead?
. based on php, should be runnable everywhere the zetac are
. cross platform
. increases interaction with the rest of the php community

You can look at http://svn.projects.ez.no/ezextensionbuilder/branches/pake_based_rewrite/
for a bootstrapping, self-updating pakefile script (of corse, based on
JC's original ant work ;-) ). it uses the zetac for generating html docs out of .rst and for
creating zip/tgz tarballs

bye
Gaetano