incubator-zeta-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Maxime Thomas <maxime.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Search Component
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:02:18 GMT
2011/1/12 Derick Rethans <derick@apache.org>

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Maxime Thomas - Wascou wrote:
>
> > My point was very simple, I've got messages to index with a class like id
> > (int), message (string).
> >
> > In SolR, I've defined in my core, only this two fields with id as
> uniqueKey
> > and message as defaultSearchField.
> > At first, I did not set up SolR to use dynamic fields.
> >
> > There were two problems :
> > - first, another field was added : ez_search_field_s and I don't why.
> > - second one, all my fields were automatically suffixed by there type...
> > which wasn't the SolR type.
> >
> > Do you know why we have the ez_search_field_s added ?
>
> It was part of your definition then.
>
> > Why all the field are suffixed (with wrong types) ?
> > Is it the normal way or did I miss something ?
>
> WHy is it a wrong type? All fields are suffixed by their type. In order
> for the Search component to work, you need a specific base schema.xml
> for Solr:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/documentation/trunk/Search/tutorial.html#id1
> and schema:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/zetacomponents/documentation/trunk/Search/solr_schema.html
>
> cheers,
> Derick
>
> --
> http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org
> Like Xdebug? Consider a donation: http://xdebug.org/donate.php
> twitter: @derickr and @xdebug
>

Hi Derick,

The "ezc_search_type_s" is added by the component. It means that every
people that will use this component will have to put this field in his
schema. Ok, why not, after all it can be a requirement. But it's not
explained and sorry for my misunderstanding but I still not understand why
it's needed.

For the schema provided with the search components, I've got some troubles
to understand what is specific from what is generic. I've got a SolR out of
the box with a pre filled configuration and I don't know what to set up to
make work ezcSearch. I had to make some tries and finally to look at what
was send by the component to understand that name field won't map due to the
add of suffix in the component.

For the type fields, I may use my own static fields and not use dynamic
fields as described in the schema. The choice to set all fields dynamic
seems to me arbitrary and it does not let people using their own
configuration. For example, I could have been with an existant SolR instance
which cannot be changed and just not use the component due to a lack of
flexibility.

The type fields are set with some wrong types : for example, the component
sets the type DATE (ezcSearch)  to long (SolR) which is not the same thing.
It seems that a date typefield exists in SolR.

As said before, my purpose is just to understand the component behaviour and
to follow it.
If it can fit my needs, I will do the change myself.

Cheers.


-- 
Maxime
maxime.thomas@wascou.org | www.wascou.org | http://twitter.com/wascou

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message