From Nicolas Pastorino <n...@ez.no>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Draft: "Status update" blog entry
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:33:10 GMT
Hi Toby,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Tobias Schlitt <tobias@schlitt.info> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On 11/17/2010 11:27 AM, Nicolas Pastorino wrote:
>
> > From a community management perspective, i think this is a mandatory
> > process : let information flow, regularly. I can also propose, if you
> > guys judge this helps, to push these posts on a dedicated Apache Zeta
> > Components blog on share.ez.no (it is now possible to create
> > "personal" blogs on share.ez.no).
>
> I'd love if our blog posts could be aggregates somehow on share.ez.no.
> Moving the blog there is not a good idea and would conflict with ASF
> rules AFAIK. I would also not like to duplicate content.

I was of course not suggesting moving the Zeta blog there :) I understand
that duplicating content is tedious SEO-wise.

> Is an automatic aggregation to share.ez.no possible?

Yes. Until now, http://planetezpublish.org/ is the feed aggregator. We are
planning on surfacing this aggregator's feed on share.ez.no, under the blogs
section. We can safely imagine subscribing the Zeta blog to this aggregator,
in turn soon displayed on share.ez.no. What would you think ?

Cheers,
--
Nicolas