From Tobias Schlitt <tob...@schlitt.info>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Survey on PHP library release modes
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:04:23 GMT
Hi Max,

On 11/27/2010 11:57 PM, Maxime Thomas wrote:

> Excellent idea.
>
> We can also ask :
> - the job of the person answering : system admin / webmaster / not IT
> - the platform : Unix / Linux systems or Windows
> - the level of industrialization : tailor made platform (you have every
> things installed as you want), shared platform (the web hosting company has
> decided for you you what you can do or not), generic platform (you grouped
> some of your application and factorize software layers : using PEAR, Zend or
> whatever).

sounds like basically a good idea to me. However, it becomes a "real"
survey then, no more a "small" one. Interpreting it will become harder
and I'm not sure if Twtsurvey supports this in its free variant.

> I think we have to segment the survey's answer because some will use it in
> one way and other in the other way.
>
> Will you publish the results of the survey ?

Of course. I planned to make the survey public anyway, so everyone can
grab the data. And of course I will blog about the results.

Regards,
Toby

--
Tobias Schlitt        http://schlitt.info        GPG Key: 0xC462BC14