From Tobias Schlitt <tob...@schlitt.info>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Proposal: Release process
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:44:29 GMT
Hi guys,

On 11/17/2010 03:58 PM, Jerome Renard wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaetano@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

>> But think about this: why is eZ Publish bundling the whole of the ZetaC when
>> it only uses a couple of components?

> Simply because that was the easiest (and quickest) solution when I
> wrote the build system ;)
> I agree with you only required components should be included though
> but this discussion must
> go to another list ;)

without talking too much of eZ Publish here, I think it makes sense in
that case. eZ Publish is a framework for which people want to write
extensions easily. So delivering the whole Zeta stack provides them with
more comfort actually.

However, for a custom app, it does not make sense to bundle all Zeta
Components if you only want to use e.g. Graph or Mail (which are 2 of
the most used components).

Regards,
Toby

--