From Tobias Schlitt <tob...@schlitt.info>
Subject [zeta-dev] Documenting our coding style
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:06:22 GMT
Hi,

for another project I needed to give advice on the coding standard used
by Apache Zeta Components. There is some very old version of the eZ
Publish coding style in [1] (from 2001) but no reliable, recent source.
So I think we should document our coding style on the website.

Please complete / correct my following brainstorming:

- Indentation with 4 spaces
  - After a "{"
  - On breakup of long lines (> 78 chars) after a "("
- "{" and "}" on a new line
- 1 space after "(" and before ")"
- No space after "[" and before "]"
- 1 space after ","
- 1 space before and after "."
- Almost always camelCase
  - classes always start with ezc followed by an upper case char
  - constants all in upper case with "_"

Regards,
Toby

--