From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject [zeta-dev] restricted wiki usage [was [zeta-dev] [Vote] Restricted wiki usage]
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:46:34 GMT
I'm changing the subject so as not to distract the vote thread.

The thing that I like about this proposal is that if you see a wiki
user contributing positively you can then "promote" them to be allowed
to edit the rest of the wiki, thereby avoiding most spammers who won't
bother sticking around.

Craig

On Aug 21, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Maxime Thomas wrote:

> +1
>
> 2010/8/20 Kore Nordmann <mail@kore-nordmann.de>
>
>> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 16:50 +0200, Tobias Schlitt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since there were no further comments on the wiki restrictions I
>>> proposed, I herefore ask you to vote on the following solution:
>>>
>>> - Restrict editing of the Zeta wiki overall to Zeta committers
>>> - Open 2 kinds of sections up for every registered wiki user:
>>>  1. A proposal area
>>>  2. A dedicated area for each component for user comments
>>>
>>> Please vote:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 (yes, implement this as a first step)
>>> [ ] -1 (no)
>>> [ ]  0 (I don't care)
>>
>> 0
>>
>> I am undecided between a wiki, which does not really work as a wiki,
>> because it is limited to some users only, and the maintenance effort
>> involved with opening it up.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Kore
>>
>> --
>> Kore Nordmann                                        (GPG 0xDDC70BBB)
>> - What I do:                   http://kore-nordmann.de/portfolio.html
>> - Motivate me:                      http://wishlist.kore-nordmann.de/
>> - Hire me:                                          http://qafoo.com/

Craig L Russell