From Jerome Renard <jerome.ren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] PHPUnit's usage
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:01:35 GMT
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Sebastian Bergmann
<sebastian@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 20.08.2010 07:49, schrieb Tobias Schlitt:
>> Is there a chance we can replace the current UnitTest stuff with a
>> proper usage?
>
>  There is nothing in the UnitTest test runner that we need. The only
>  reason we still have it is because Derick (and maybe others) prefer
>  commandline switches over PHPUnit's XML configuration file to configure
>  the test suite (the database connection, for instance).

There are two problematics here :
1. being PHPUnit compliant
2. providing control to each user

I propose the following :
1. provide a default XML file with everything preconfigured along with
a README file explaining requirements for the database for instance
2. provide a system that loads custom phpunit XML file where everyone
can define whatever he wants.

Basically that would work that way :

if custom phpunit.xml fil existst then
    load and use it