From James Pic <james...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Configuration component proposal with override mechanism
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:17:32 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Jerome Renard <jerome.renard@gmail.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM, James Pic <jamespic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Jerome Renard <jerome.renard@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi James,

>> override
>> >>

>> > Lol I was not aware you did that ;)
>> >

>> I know ;)
>>
>> Actually that happens quite frequently :P
>>
>> Another cool thing would be to allow multiline values, although that
>> could cause some minor BC breaks :S

>> > Configuration directive inheritance is already implement AFAIR :)
>> > But reading your implement can be interesting anways, maybe there is
>> > a lot of good stuff in there.
>> >

>> It's pretty trivial (sources attached), consider this example section:
>>

> I did not get anything attached.
>

>> [sec]
>> bar=X
>> foo=Y
>>
>> Inheritance allows to write:
>>
>> [sec2..sec]
>> foo=Z
>>
>> Instead of:
>>
>> [sec2]
>> bar=X
>> foo=Z
>>

> In the component I proposed it does not work that way actually.
>
> AFAIR everything inherits from the "prod" context, and you can override
> configuration values for staging and dev if you want.
> If you add configuration directive in a particular block it will be taken
> into account as well.
> Have a look at the test suite to see all use cases :)

Yes, that we have as well, although our implementation is more "dumb"
and self contained in one class.

In my case i use the section level configuration to reuse the same
controler/action with /slightly/ different configurations to produce
more pages with less work, or even with forms configurations.

There goes the sources: http://gist.github.com/518721

--
http://jamespic.com/contact
Customer is king - Le client est roi - El cliente es rey.