From Jerome Renard <jerome.ren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Configuration component proposal with override mechanism
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:38:54 GMT
Tobias,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Tobias Schlitt <tobias@schlitt.info> wrote:

> Jerome and James,
>
> having an override mechanism in our Configuration component is a long
> desired feature. Since both of you have custom implementations around,
> how about joining forces here? You 2 could see where similarities and
> differences are and combine your solutions. I'd suggest that you start
> with small requirements and design documents. AFAIR James already posted
> something in this direction on the old list?

That sounds good to me. James and I can compare our approach of the concept
and
see if that is possible to merge our views at some point. And if yes, then
try to propose an
implementation and see if that can fit into the Configuration component.

I propose the following process :
James and I (and actually anyone interested in the topic) should discuss our
views on
the -dev mailing-list so it is transparent to anyone. And then write a
proposal document
after a concensus has been found.

What do you think ?

Cheers,