From James Pic <james...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Configuration component override mechanism : requirement doc
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 01:36:44 GMT
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jerome Renard <jerome.renard@gmail.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> Hopefully my brain works better than earlier today.
>
> The more I think about the override thingy the more I tend to think
> the following  :
> - The merge/inheritance (pick the word you like :D) could easily be
> integrated in the native Configuration component.
> I also already have the algorithm for that as well as tests, so I
> believe that could be quite fast to integrate
> this feature in Configuration.
>
> - The system around such as the directory structure, compilation and
> caching stuff could be integrated into a
> dedicated component that could be a tiein between Configuration and Cache.
>
> That way, everything is clean and separate, if you want to use only
> the merge algorithm for a few configuration
> files, then fair enough just use Configuration only. If you want more
> than that, then use the tiein.
>
> What do you think ?

Sounds excellent! That way people who like systems can use it, and
people who don't like systems can still benefit from the upgrade...

... Anyway, that sounds more like design document discussions than
"requirement" document issues ;)

Cheers

James

--
http://jamespic.com/contact
Customer is king - Le client est roi - El cliente es rey.