From Jerome Renard <jerome.ren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Re: Class prefix change, was: Re: [zeta-dev] Welcome Apache Zeta Components - SVN up and running :)
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:53:37 GMT
Hello,

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Tobias Schlitt <tobias@schlitt.info> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> On 07/31/2010 05:15 PM, Andreas Schamberger wrote:
>
> > for me it seems wrong if I think 'zeta' and have to type 'ezc'. But
> > maybe this is just a problem for me ;)
>
> I fully understand your concern here and I would still be in favor of
> changing the prefix. However, there should be way of full BC for this
> and until now we did not find any.
>
> Maybe, we will come to a point where we start building Zeta 2.0 somewhen
> in the future. The we should migrate to using namespaces anyway and the
> issue will be fixed.
>
> > I just wanted to have raised my concern. I'll shut up and let's forget
> > about it ;)
>
> I think it was quite useful having this discussed publicly again. :)

Both options (keeping and updating the ezc prefix) have both pro and cons
and as far as I am concerned
I have no preference. However I think it is important not to confuse ZC
users and as such I would recommend to
provide some kind of FAQ explaining why the prefix is ezc for now, and what
are (of any) plans for the future.
Maybe a full page explaining the history of ZC, from eZ Components to Zeta
Components would help clarify
the context for new users. I can write such a page if you want.

Confused users became generally unhappy user after some period users, and
that we should definitely try to avoid.

What do you think ?

My 0.000002 cents,

--