From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Next Steps
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 00:44:10 GMT
It sounds like the most responses favored Geronimo for the ORB code
and the bindings bits to CXF.

We can do this in successive stages but at a minimum I think we need
to outline the split of the code to the projects.  Dan, would you be
willing to outline the proposal for the split so a proposal can be
drafted for consideration to the PMCs?

I'll take a whack at the porposal which will include:

1. Background for the move
2. Code to be moved
3. Committers that would come with the code base.

Then ask the PMCs for their response.

I can start a separate vote on which direction as a starting point
which sounds like:

Geronimo / CXF
OpenEJB / CXF
Harmony / CXF

Although, based on the feedback that Geronimo / CXF seems to be the
predominant choice.  If folks feel like we should formalize this for
a vote respond on this thread.

I'll work to do some research on the Apache sorts of issues in doing
this from Incubator and put together a proposal text for review by
Tuesday.