incubator-yoko-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nolan, Edell" <Edell.No...@iona.com>
Subject RE: A release in the near future ?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:07:22 GMT
Hi,

Yes! We have made a lot of progress in both the runtime and the tools
and I think we aim to release all components and do a 1.0 release.

Edell. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Mosur Ravi, Balaji [mailto:bravi@iona.com] 
Sent: 12 July 2007 15:50
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org; rickmcg@gmail.com
Subject: RE: A release in the near future ?

I think we are ready to release our 1.0 version. We need to check the
jira's currently in 1.0 to see if we have to move them or fix it before
releasing...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick McGuire [mailto:rickmcg@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:45 AM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: A release in the near future ?

So, what's the status of getting a new release out?  It's been 3 months
since Matt made his initial request, and Geronimo would like to ship
their 2.0 release the first week of August without any SNAPSHOT
dependencies. 

Rick

Mosur Ravi, Balaji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are still working on some parts of the tools (idltowsdl &
wsdltoidl)
> & the binding, so that we can release complete yoko & not parts of it
in
> our next release. Also, we are waiting for the release of cxf, since
we
> depend on them for the binding runtime. 
>
> CXF-dev: Can you guys give us an estimate of when the cxf release
would
> happen? 
>
> >From my perspective, we should be ready by the end of this month to
> release...
>
> - Balaji
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Matt Hogstrom [mailto:matt@hogstrom.org]
> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 3:18 PM
> To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: A release in the near future ?
>
> I wanted to check and see if you might be releasing a version of Yoko

> in the near future.  As you're probably aware, Geronimo is using Yoko

> as its ORB and we're testing our server for compliance.  We'd like to

> get a release of G out for Java One if possible and it would be really

> useful to have a released version of Yoko.  The only other option I 
> can see is to take a copy of Yoko and build our own copy of it; which 
> is think is sub-optimal for both projects and I'd really prefer to not

> do that.  If there are others please let me know :)
>
> I don't think we're ready for a release today but when we get to a 
> point where it looks like we've passed the appropriate areas that 
> include the ORB would y'all be willing to cut a release or a new 
> Milestone?
>
> Just looking for some community feedback so we can plan accordingly in

> Geronimo.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
>
>   

----------------------------
IONA Technologies PLC (registered in Ireland)
Registered Number: 171387
Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Mime
View raw message