From "Darren Middleman" <dmiddle...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Yoko on AIX
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:04:12 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone tried building the Yoko source on AIX?  I'm running into some
issues with generating some code from IDL in the yoko-corba-spec module:

[INFO] [idlj:generate {execution: default}]
[INFO] Processing:
/home/dmiddle/devel/trunk/yoko-spec-corba/src/main/idl/Security.idl
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO]  Sun IDL compiler not available

Embedded error: com.sun.tools.corba.se.idl.toJavaPortable.Compile
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 14 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jul 16 10:49:45 EDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/27M
[INFO]

Looking at the documentation for the idlj-maven-plugin that is used in the
yoko-corba-spec module, it seems that the only compilers that are supported
for this are the Sun idlj and the Jacorb idl compiler (
http://mojo.codehaus.org/idlj-maven-plugin/generate-mojo.html), with the Sun
one being the default.  Unfortunately, this is not available on AIX (only
the IBM JDK).  So I was just wondering if anyone has built Yoko on AIX
(possibly using the IBM JDKs idlj) and what they had to change to get this
working?

Thanks,
Darren