From "Darren Middleman" <dmiddle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting policies on the rootPOA?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:39:12 GMT
Hello Rick,

I don't believe that there is a way to set this up the way you are looking
for on the
rootPOA.  The normal way to do this is through the creation of new POAs,
which
I believe is what you describe as happening in most instances.  I believe
that
rootPOAs are supposed to be created with a standard set of default policies
and
should not be changeable.

As for the accessing the ORB instance, I'll have to have a look at the IOR
interceptor
hierarchy.  I not sure what is available at this point and I need to have a
look at the
interfaces to refresh my memory on this one.

Darren