incubator-yoko-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nolan, Edell" <Edell.No...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Request for creating the M2 release.
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:32:09 GMT
Hi,

I would like to see us release all modules together.  I think to do a
proper release of the Orb we definitley need some more documentation and
while this is being worked on we can get the tools and bindings stable
so they also can be released. 

Edell.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mosur Ravi, Balaji [mailto:bravi@iona.com] 
Sent: 16 February 2007 16:19
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Request for creating the M2 release. 

Hi,

 

I am bit undecided here... 

 

We can do a 1.0 release with just the ORB core & then when CXF has done
its final release, then we can release the corba binding & tools module.
(This might be more work because currently we distribute everything!!!).
The binary release would just include the ORB & the Source release would
include all the modules.

 

Would this be acceptable? We still don't have documentation of the ORB,
so releasing would make it not much usable.

 

Any other ideas?

 

I am also open to just releasing a M2 release, this would give us more
time to finish off documentation & include all the modules of yoko.

 

- Balaji

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Hogstrom [mailto:matt@hogstrom.org]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 10:48 AM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Request for creating the M2 release. 

 

I know Dain is looking for a 1.0 release for Geronimo and I'm  

interested in any kind of release for our next Milestone.  It would  

help out your brothers in Geronimo land greatly if at a minimum you  

could cut a milestone in the next few days based on Rick's progress.   

It would be even sweeter if Geronimo 1.2 went out with a released  

version of Yoko at 1.0.

 

Don't fall into the Geronimo trap of waiting for things to be perfect  

to make a release.  You have a stable release that has been used in  

TCKing Geronimo and that is a huge thing.  Put out the 1.0 now, work  

on web services piece for CXF and release a 1.1.  It helps keep  

people interested when the release train keeps moving.  Also,  

releasing software is a demonstrable action of the community that  

shows its working together, technically vibrant and administering  

oversight in the more mundane things like releasing software.

 

Anyway, my 2c.

 

So, if you could release a 1.0 in the next few days awesome...a  

Milestone in the next few days...most excellent.  Planning for  

greater things is interesting and necessary but your user community  

is humbly asking for a release; pretty please with sugar on top :)

 

On Feb 8, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

 

> Geronimo has made great progress on the TCK using Yoko, and we're

> starting to put things together for 1.2 release.  For the 1.2 Beta

> release Geronimo shipped with an interim snapshot version, but for

> the final 1.2 release, we'd like to use an actual release version.   

> Can we get the process started to ship an M2 release?  And more

> importantly, can we get it released in a more timely fashion than

> was done for the M1 release?

> 

> Rick

> 

 


Mime
View raw message