From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Yoko Graduation
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:50:46 GMT

On Feb 15, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Lars K├╝hne wrote:

>    The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor
> (there
>    are at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no
> single
>    company or entity that is vital to the success of the project)
> There currently is only one person doing significant work on the
> core ORB (Rick). A few people are working on the WSDL binding
> module, but most (all?) of them are IONA employees, so there is a
> single company that is vital to the success of the project. To me
> it looks as if yoko currently doesn't meet the minimum exit
> requirements.

Ric is from IBM and, as you mentioned, the others are from IONA.
Then there's you and a few others.  We definitely have more than
three legally independent committers.  I guess the question is that
if, theoretically, IONA disappeared would we be able to carry on?
At the moment, I think Ric is the only non-IONA person who is
intimately familiar w/ the code.