From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Graduation and v1.0.0 release
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:27:18 GMT
Hi alan,

I think we need some high level documentation (like lars mentioned) that
would show a developer what each component & subcomponents inside yoko
does... I don't think we need to detail it quite a lot, we can do that
as each developer goes deeper in the code & investigates but definitely
we need a starting point.

Another point is having some sort of articles written (maybe use cases),
about the other parts of yoko so that we have an awareness of what is
possible around the ORB.

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan D. Cabrera [mailto:list@toolazydogs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:13 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Graduation and v1.0.0 release

One thing to consider about graduation and releasing v1.0.0 is that
if we wait to graduate after we release v1.0.0 we will be forced to
include the word "incubating" in our version number.  This is not
ideal but it is a minor point in our deliberations on when to graduate.

If I understand correctly the major impediment to graduation is that
the bulk of the knowledge resides with IONA.  I tend to disagree
since Rick seems to know it well now and has the scars to prove it.
If we thought that this point still needed working on, what concrete
remedies would people like to see before we graduate?  I was thinking
that maybe people could prove their prowess w/ Yoko internals by
writing detailed documentation for the v1.0.0 release.  Thoughts?

Regards,
Alan