From "Darren Middleman" <dmiddle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove package org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA?
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:19:15 GMT
Hello Lars,

I'm not aware of any reason why this was specifically implemented this way.
The
comment seems to suggest that this may have had something to do with older
versions of the donated code, but since that isn't so much of an issue in
Yokos
case (since there are no older versions to deal with), it probably should be
cleaned
up to make things a bit cleaner and easier to understand.

The only real difference I see between the two is that the ORB is declared
final where
as the ORB_impl is not.  Again, this probably has to do with what the
comment
describes, if the class is there for backwards compatibility purposes, then
they
probably wanted to prevent it from being used extensively and extended.

Cheers,
Darren