From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation and v1.0.0 release
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:50:18 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> One thing to consider about graduation and releasing v1.0.0 is that if
> we wait to graduate after we release v1.0.0 we will be forced to
> include the word "incubating" in our version number.  This is not
> ideal but it is a minor point in our deliberations on when to graduate.
>
> If I understand correctly the major impediment to graduation is that
> the bulk of the knowledge resides with IONA.  I tend to disagree since
> Rick seems to know it well now and has the scars to prove it.
I have a much lower assessment of how well I know the code.  My
knowledge only extends to the bits where I gathered the scars, which is
largely just the RMI code, the bits of the OB and CORBA directories, and
sections of the transport code.  I only have a roadmap for the sections
I managed to explore, and that was developed only by getting lost in
them first.   I have a real issue with having myself tagged as the
"expert", since it's not clear how much time I'll be able to spend on
Yoko in the future.  My involvement is driven more by the requirements
of Geronimo.

Rick