From Lars Kühne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Test failure on current build
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:41:35 GMT
Vescovi, Matteo wrote:
> Hi Lars,
> that's odd.
>
> I am using the same setup, running on Linux with a UTF-8 encoding.
> Yes, the encoding is relevant as it affects the very first line <?xml
> version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>, if nothing else.
>
> Latest revision is 509955, not sure why you are on 509720.

This number seems to be changing with time. If you go to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/yoko/trunk/tools/, you'll see
that it's now 510161. Probably it's a counter for all commits in the svn
repository (i.e. all apache projects).

> I believe the tools generation tests should be improved: instead of
> comparing the content of wsdl files as text, they could do a
> comparison of the xml content. This would ignore whitespace
> differences (including lines breaks and different closing style, i.e.

Yes, that's a good idea, and I could do a simple change goes in that
direction and fixes the problem. Just trim the strings before they are
asserted equal.

However, I'd like to understand what's happening here. Somehow I suspect
that one of the development tools is fooling me... Are you using the
Eclipse svn plugin?

> Can you check you are using wsdl4j 1.6.1?

Yes, ~/.m2/repository/wsdl4j/wsdl4j/1.6.1/wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar

Cheers,
Lars