From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject remove package org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA?
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:27:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently looking for opportunities to make the code of the core orb
easier to understand.

One of the things I found confusing is this:

    package org.apache.yoko.orb.CORBA;

    // This class must be public
    public final class ORB extends org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA.ORB_impl {
        //
        // This class exists solely for backward-compatibility and
    ease-of-use
        //
    }

The same class hierarchy is used for ORBSingleton.

Why is that necessary? Can't we move the implementation code from
ORB_impl to ORB and then remove ORB_impl (dito for ORBSingleton)?

If both _impl classes can be removed, that would leave us with only
PollableSet_impl in the OBCORBA package. PollableSet_impl is only used
in the OBMessaging package, and could be moved there (and maybe also
become package private).

Thoughts?

Lars