From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Request for creating the M2 release.
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:05:04 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Hey Lars.  I was wondering that since we are using the wiki for our
> documentation if you or anyone else had any ideas on how to
> associate/organize versions of the wiki with versions of Yoko releases.

Each page in a confluence space has to have a unique name, so when
you're done with one release it's not easy to create a copy of existing
docs inside the YOKO space to start working on the docs of the next release.

Geronimo solves this by having one confluence space per major release. I
don't think that this scales well to a large number of releases, and it
clutters peoples dashboard page, but it's the only option I see if we
want to keep all version docs in the wiki.

The other option is to somehow create a snapshot of the wiki docs (e.g.
export space to PDF) just before we cut the release, check that in to
svn and distribute it with the release tarball. That way we would only
have to keep our latest docs online. There are some legal implications
with this approach, however.

>   Also, I was thinking that it might be a good idea if we fleshed out
> a skeleton of our documentation for the community to fill in.  Maybe
> file Jira issues for where gaps in the docs could be filled in.  This
> way we would have a concrete idea as to what needed to be done.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, more concrete work items would be very helpful. I'll see if I can
come up with some user questions that need to be answered over the
weekend, but no promises (busy weekend schedule already).

Lars