From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Yoko Graduation
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:27:39 GMT
Rick McGuire wrote:
> My personal opinion on the graduation issue is this project is not yet
> ready to graduate.  I'm basing that on the complete lack of
> involvement of the rest of the yoko community in reaching TCK
> certification or even willingness to answer questions about problems
> posted to the dev list.  Despite my repeated requests for assistance,
> the TCK effort remained basically a solo effort, with not even a
> single other committer stepping forward to get set up for TCK
> testing.  This really a strong community showing.
>
> Rick

I have to agree with Rick. From
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Exit+Requirements:

    The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there
    are at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
    company or entity that is vital to the success of the project)

There currently is only one person doing significant work on the core
ORB (Rick). A few people are working on the WSDL binding module, but
most (all?) of them are IONA employees, so there is a single company
that is vital to the success of the project. To me it looks as if yoko
currently doesn't meet the minimum exit requirements.

Lars