From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Yoko Graduation
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:44:22 GMT
Mosur Ravi, Balaji wrote:
> Ok... I was under the wrong impression... I thought we were also planning a release when
we graduate.

> Anyways, so if we are just planning to graduate, i am fine with it... So maybe the tasks
are just about cleaning up our web site & putting
There are two separate issues here.  The first issue is the timing of
cutting the 1.0 release of yoko.  Geronimo is going to be needing one in
a very short period of time, but they are really only dependent on the
base ORB.  Waiting until the end of March is too late for Geronimo's
purposes.

The second issue is whether the yoko project is ready to graduate from
the incubator and become a top level project.  This is a question of
community, not of technology, and need not be tied to any particular
release.

My personal opinion on the graduation issue is this project is not yet
ready to graduate.  I'm basing that on the complete lack of involvement
of the rest of the yoko community in reaching TCK certification or even
willingness to answer questions about problems posted to the dev list.
Despite my repeated requests for assistance, the TCK effort remained
basically a solo effort, with not even a single other committer stepping
forward to get set up for TCK testing.  This really a strong community
showing.

Rick