From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Rules for a release vote.
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:02:47 GMT
A couple quick comments

-- I recall some incubating project (activemq?) being told that they
could start release votes for themselves and the incubator
simultaneously, thus having both 72 hr waits run concurrently.

-- I'm really worried about the cxf snapshot dependency.  IMO we
absolutely need to avoid releasing yoko bits that depend on cxf or
get something stable from cxf that we can release against.  If the
bits of cxf yoko needs are actually quite stable and basically done
then perhaps cxf could make a milestone release of those bits.
Otherwise I don't think we should be releasing something that depends
on code we know is unstable.

thanks
david jencks