From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Can we distribute the sun mail and activation jar files in our distribution?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:29:22 GMT

Rick,

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 10:35, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 10:15, Rick McGuire wrote:
> > Geronimo has implementations of activation-1.1 and mail-1.4.  I was the
> > author of both.
>
> Oh.   Cool.   Last I had checked (early Dec), they were in trunk, but not
> yet available on the maven repositories.  (not released)   I see they are
> there now.   And annotation.   Good.  I'll see if CXF can build/run with
> them.

OK.  I managed to get CXF to use the geronimo specs versions of annotation,
servlet, mail, and activation.    I had some problems with Mail.   The
Geronimo Specs version is definitely not a 100% drop in replacement for Sun's
1.4 versions.   The InternetHeaders object from Sun is much more tolerant
of "out of spec" streams (example: unix EOL style) than Geronimo.   We had a
couple tests that failed, but it's because of bad test data.   As soon as I
did a unix2dos on the test data, the tests passed.

Anyway, I'm committing the changes to CXF now.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer