From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Can we distribute the sun mail and activation jar files in our distribution?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:07:47 GMT
On Tuesday 20 February 2007 07:26, Rick McGuire wrote:
> I was playing around with creating a second smaller distribution
> containing just the embedded orb, and I happened to notice that the lib
> directory in the distribution package includes mail-1.4.jar and
> activation-1-1.jar.  These are the Sun versions.  Can we distribute
> them?  If we can distribute them, do we need to mention them in the
> NOTICE or LICENSE files?

Both of those are CDDL licensed.   They are allowed to be distributed.

> I'm not sure what packages that we're including are pulling these in.  I
> wonder if it would be possible to replace them with the Geronimo mail
> and activation implementations.

They are coming from the CXF stuff.   The JAX-WS spec requires them (for the
SOAP w/ attachment/MTOM stuff).   The geronimo-spec versions are too old.
Activation is based on 1.0.2 and mail on 1.3.1.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer