From Lars Kühne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: docs: core orb config parameters
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:59:45 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2006, at 5:55 AM, Lars Kühne wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any kind of documentation available for the configuration
>> parameters (the "yoko.orb.*" properties mentioned in the ORB_impl
>> class) of the core orb?
>>
>> If not, where would I start such a document? wiki, website, or
>> core/src/xdocs?
>
> The wiki is the best place to put such a document.

OK, I've started the OrbConfiguration page.

However, I think that ultimately such information depends on the ORB
version, so it would be better to have it in svn, along with the code it
documents.

As a user, I would expect that this info is be part of the product
download, and it's not clear to me how to do this. The technical
problems of creating a snapshot from Maven might be solvable, but how do
we handle the IP issues when non-committers contribute to the wiki?

Anyway, I've started collecting the information in the wiki for now, as
you suggested.

Regards,
Lars