From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange marshaling problem.
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:23:50 GMT
I'm working on a fairly complicated test case that involves sending and
receiving a very large object across RMI.  The object in question is a
3-dimensional array of Vectors.  The Vectors are all 5 elements in size,
each element consisting of an Integer instance.  There were a number of
problems I needed to fix first in array handling, but things appear to
be working correctly now.  The Vectors appear to be deserializing
correctly.  Each one contains an Object array that appears to be the
correct size.

The Integers are getting deserialized ok, until around the 50th or so
value is read from the stream.  At that point, I'm getting a MARSHAL
exception for an invalid value type code.  The bogus value is 0x3800.  I
don't know here this value came from, since the serialized object was
generated by a Sun RMI server.  Does this value have an special meaning
to anybody?  Is it possibly a chunking marker, or is something else
going on here?

Rick