From "Rick McGuire" <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is GIOPConnection unconditionally dumping a stack trace for system exceptions
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:49:51 GMT
When running in Geronimo, I see a lot of stack traces showing up like this:

org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0x0  completed: No
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.Util.unmarshalSystemException(Util.java:120)
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.GIOPConnection.processReply(
GIOPConnection.java:549)
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.GIOPConnection.processMessage(
GIOPConnection.java:357)
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.GIOPConnectionThreaded.execReceive(
GIOPConnectionThreaded.java:465)
    at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.GIOPConnectionThreaded$ReceiverThread.run(
GIOPConnectionThreaded.java:63)

This is not particularly useful, given it's occurring in a thread context
that doesn't give any clues as to the source of origin, and it seems fairly
impolite for the yoko code to be printing this out in this fashion.

That aside, this particular problem is driving me nuts.  The code in
question is trying to access a Sun NameService to perform an object lookeup,
and I'm seeing this constantly.  Can anybody suggest anything I might do to
narrow down the root cause of this problem?

Rick