From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing apache license headers
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:43:32 GMT
On 10/24/06, Mosur Ravi, Balaji <bravi@iona.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response...
>
> I have another question related to the same file idl.g (grammar file
> from antlr).
>
> There is a header portion in that file which we added & which should be
> apache licensed but the rest is under the antlr license.
>
> Should I stick in the apache license header & the antlr license in that
> file?
>
> *********** Portion that we added ******************* header {
>   package org.apache.yoko.tools.processors.idl;
>   import java.io.*;
>   import java.util.Vector;
>   import java.util.Hashtable;
>  }

No -- I wouldn't both with any licensing statement for such a small
piece of code that would generally be considered to have very little
creative expression in it, if any.

> Antlr license: http://www.antlr.org/license.html (we are using antlr 2
> license).

And since the license for the rest of the file does not require to not
any changes to the original distribution (as the Apache License
requires), you aren't required to make any notation around that
change.

Cliff