From "Nolan, Edell" <Edell.No...@iona.com>
Subject RE: NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER.txt problem with eclipse....
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:54:21 GMT
Great! Thanks Dan.

I will try and make sure we get something put up on the wiki for the
endorsed stuff.

Also I think its important we eliminate the warnings so as people are
working on the different components maybe they can try and eliminate
some of these warnings as they go and we can get them down in a short
time.

Thanks, Edell.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kulp, John Daniel
Sent: 14 September 2006 16:43
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Nolan, Edell
Subject: Re: NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER.txt problem with
eclipse....

Edell,

Two notes:

1) It works and the project imports fine.   The core module has a bunch
of
errors in it though.   I think it's an endorsed thing as things like:
The method is_set_to_default_member() is undefined for the type DynUnion

You may need instructions on your wiki on how to handle the endorsed
stuff.
(They may be there already, didn't look)    There are also a lot of
other
warnings in the code, but that's probably OK for now.

2)  To make it easier, I would change the profile a bit so you just need
run "mvn -Peclipse".   Change it to:
  <profiles>
    <profile>
        <!-- this is a hack for eclipse - taken from Tuscany. Eclipse
doesn't li ke "." as a resource directory as then you have source
directories inside a src directory which causes all sorts of problems.
so the resources directory gets p ointed back to the resources directory
so the NOTICE.txt, LICENSE.txt and DISCL AIMER.txt files won't be
included in the eclipse builds.  -->
        <id>eclipse</id>
        <properties>
                <notice.dir>src/main/resources</notice.dir>
        </properties>
        <build>
        <defaultGoal>process-test-sources</defaultGoal>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>setup.eclipse.project</id>
                         <phase>process-test-sources</phase>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>eclipse</goal>
                         </goals>
                     </execution>
                 </executions>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
        </build>
     </profile>
  </profiles>

Enjoy!
Dan

On Thursday September 14 2006 11:18 am, Nolan, Edell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just merged a fix for this taking option 3 as Dan described below.
>
> Can someone check this out on unix ?
>
> Thanks, Edell.

output="target/classes/META-INF"/>