From "Darren Middleman" <dmiddle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Java 1.4.2 vs. Java 1.5
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:20:07 GMT
I'm not sure why the endorsed dirs property is not solving this but yes,
this is something that will only occur on JDK 1.5.
The reason is because in Java 1.4, the JDK did not include an implementation
of the IORInterceptor_3_0 class, so the
version included with Yoko is the only one it would use.  Unfortunately, Sun
added an implementation of IORInterceptor_3_0
to JDK 1.5 which differs from both the CORBA spec and the Yoko
implementation (they use an integer parameter as an ID
where as it should be a String).  So this is why you are seeing the error
now when you've moved to JDK 1.5.

I would agree with Balaji and his recommendations.  See if trying to use
endorsed.dirs or Xbootclasspath outside of
Maven clears things up.  I know that we have been using the Xbootclasspath
options in the READMEs for the samples
and I don't recall seeing this issue during the testing of the demos when
this option was used.

Darren