From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Difference between Java 1.4.2 vs. Java 1.5
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:32:21 GMT
Hi rick,

I can't explain why it is failing in 1.5 & not in 1.4.2 but in 1.5 the
java.endorsed.dirs setting is definitely not picked up.

Can you run this outside of maven & confirm if it runs with 1.5 with the
java.endorsed.dirs setting or the Xbootclasspath option...?

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick McGuire [mailto:rickmcg@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 1:06 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Difference between Java 1.4.2 vs. Java 1.5

I have a small module I've built for the openejb2 Yoko ORB adapter.
This is a fairly simple module, with not much code.  There are a couple
of test cases that get run during the build, and I've configure the
surefile plugin to used endorsed.dir.  Everything is working great under

Java 1.4.2.

Today, I tried building with Java 1.5 for the first time, and I'm
getting a test case failure:

  <testcase time="1.515" name="testCORBABean"/>
  <testcase time="0.047" name="testOrb">
    <error type="java.lang.NoSuchMethodError"
message="org.omg.PortableInterceptor.IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_
state_changed(Ljava/lang/String;S)V">java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.omg.PortableInterceptor.IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_state_cha
nged(Ljava/lang/String;S)V
    at
org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.PIManager.adapterManagerStateChange(PIManager.jav
a:531)
    at
org.apache.yoko.orb.OBPortableServer.POAManager_impl.activate(POAManager
_impl.java:212)
    at
org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(Tr
ansientNameService.java:128)
    at
org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.run(Transient
NameService.java:113)
    at
org.openejb.corba.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapt
er.java:149)
    at org.openejb.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:162)
    at
org.openejb.corba.yoko.NameServiceTest.setUp(NameServiceTest.java:58)
    at
a:39)
    at
Impl.java:25)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:2
10)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSe
t(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(Abstr
actDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
    at
a:39)
    at
Impl.java:25)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Suref
ireBooter.java:225)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java
:747)
</error>
  </testcase>

Which looks like the failure I got before I started using the endorsed
dir.  I'm not sure I understand what's different between 1.4.2 and 1.5
that would cause this error.  Strangely, the first set of test cases ran

OK, and I would have thought that should have give the same error if
there was a problem with endorsed.dir.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here?

Rick