From "Nolan, Edell" <Edell.No...@iona.com>
Subject RE: NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER.txt problem with eclipse....
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:17:21 GMT

Thanks - I am going to log a jira issue for this.

Cheers, Edell.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kulp, John Daniel
Sent: 17 August 2006 15:17
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: NOTICE, LICENSE, and DISCLAIMER.txt problem with eclipse....

Just to let you all know, with the addition of the above files into "."
for each project, you can no longer easily generate a working eclipse
project.
What happens if you run "mvn eclipse:eclipse", you get a .classpath file
that
has:

  <classpathentry kind="src" path="." output="target/classes/META-INF"/>
  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/java"/>
The second "src" dir is a subdir of the first and eclipse barfs about
that.
There really are a couple options:

1) Move the files to a more "maven friendly" location:
src/java/resources
2) Move them to something like "./etc" or "./notices" or something so
that the normal maven dirs are not subdirs.
3) Add an "eclipse" profile that changes notice.dir property to
something else
so eclipse won't see those files.   However, your docs will need to be
updated to say you need to do "mvn -Peclipse eclipse:eclipse"
4) Update docs to say you need to run:
   mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dnotice.dir=src/java/resources

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it so someone can figure out a good
fix.

FYI:  Tuscany went with #3.

--
J. Daniel Kulp