From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Location of javax.rmi package
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:26:12 GMT
Mosur Ravi, Balaji wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a clarification, do you mean the javax.rmi.CORBA package, because
> that's the one that can use the endorsed override mechanism...

I think that is an error on the web page,
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/. javax.rmi (not to
be confused with java.rmi) defines only a single class,
PortableRemoteObject. The interface of this class is defined in the JAVA
to IDL specification from OMG, just like the javax.rmi.CORBA package. It
would seem rather odd if this class cannot be overrided as well.