From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Location of javax.rmi package
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:50:28 GMT
Hi,

Just a clarification, do you mean the javax.rmi.CORBA package, because
that's the one that can use the endorsed override mechanism...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Hessellund Jensen [mailto:ahj@trifork.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:44 AM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Location of javax.rmi package

I have thought a bit about where the javax.rmi package should be
located.

I think it should be in Yoko.

The javax.rmi package is released asynchronously with the JDK. In fact,
the newest version of the javax.rmi package is different from the one in

the JDK, although it is backwards compatible. It is really an endorsed
standard, just like the org.omg packages.

Furthermore, having the javax.rmi package allows us to use our own RMI
implementation by default, instead of requiring our users to define no
less than three system properties in order to override the default
behavior.

Alexey, have you worked on an implementation? If not, I'll get started
on it.