From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 compatibility...
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:17:03 GMT
2006/7/28, Anders Hessellund Jensen <ahj@trifork.com>:
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > so if nobody have any objections I'll start to tune org.omg packages
> > of yoko-core to be binary compatible with Java 1.5...
>
> Could you please clarify whether you are going to downgrade the
> org.omg.* packages to version supplied by Java 1.5 (CORBA 2.3.1), or are
> you going to modify them to be backwards compatible with CORBA 2.3.1?
>
> I do not think it is a good idea to downgrade the org.omg.* classes.
No, defenetly not.
I'm thinking about fixing the problems which were found by
japitools... Like class shoud not be final but it is. Method should
throw an exception but it is not. An so on.

I've posted the japitools result few days ago...

> I have created a separate module for the org.omg. packages, the
> yoko-spec-corba module. It is not in use yet, mostly because Maven is
> unable to handle it due to the conflicts with the JDK supplied org.omg.
> packages. Maven unfortunately has no support for the endorsed standards
> override mechanism.
>
> I do think the work on the org.omg. classes should take place in the
> yoko-spec-corba package, however.
So... What's the difference in sources between yoko-core and yoko-spec-corba?

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division