From "Nolan, Edell" <Edell.No...@iona.com>
Subject Question on yoko-66 (<corba:param mode="out">)
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:01:45 GMT
Hi,

I am working on jira issue Yoko-66

The out parameter is not properly mapped to a <corba:param mode="out">
but instead it is mapped to a <corba:return ...>.
This should happen only when the method has a return and not a out
parameter.

So my question is in this case when we are trying to generate the
CORBABinding we have two out parameters.
can we assume that if the part name is "return" that we convert this to
a corba:return type in the corba binding and then then represents the
return value of the idl operation.

As there is no real way of distinguishing the two parameters.

<message name="Test.MultiPart.test_shortResponse">
    <part name="return"
element="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.return"/>
    <part name="y" element="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.y"/>
    <part name="z" element="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.z"/>
</message>

I have looked at the idltowsdl tool and for an operation that has a
return value and an out parameter you will still
end up with two parts in your output message that from looking at it
from a wsdl perspective represents two output
parameters.

Does anybody have any objections to this assumption to "part
name="return" => <corba:return> type in the binding.
or have a better solution.

thanks, Edell.

Bug Description :

The out parameter is not properly mapped to a <corba:param mode="out">
but instead it is mapped to a <corba:return ...>.
This should happen only when the method has a return and not a out
parameter.

i.e. The following IDL operation

void getShort (out short outShort);

get bound to the following WSDL:

<corba:binding ...>
 <wsdl:operation name="getShort">
  <corba:operation name="getShort">
   <corba:return name="outparameter" idltype="corba:short" />
  </corba:operation>
  <wsdl:output name="getShortResponse">
  </wsdl:output>
 </wsdl:operation>

It should instead be
  <corba:param name="outShort" mode="out" idltype="corba:short"/>