From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Using Yoko in Apache Harmony
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:21:05 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> I've checked yoko-rmi jar and there is just org.apache.yoko.rmi package...

The classes in javax.rmi package have delegates that takes care of the
actual implementation. Therefore the javax.rmi.* classes have not been
added, since they are not really required by yoko (they're supplied by
the JDK). Only the delegates needs to be supplied by yoko.

For Harmony, we need to provide these classes.

The javax.rmi classes in SUNs JDK delegates to SUNs own implementation
by default. They can be configured to delegate to different
implementations using system properties.

The javax.rmi classes we need to create should do the same, except they
by default should delegate to our own RMI implementation.

It should be simple to add these classes.

Regards,
Anders