From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Reminder for the Yoko v1.0-incubating-M1 release
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:51:12 GMT
Hi Darren,

Darren Middleman wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Sorry I didn't get back to you soon...got a bit swamped with the corba
> binding work.  I had a quick look through the core code but all I saw
> left
> were some references in comments to Orbacus.  I wasn't sure what code you
> identified that still needed updating?

In your comment in YOKO-68 you said

    This was done in the IONA code to handle backwards compatibility
    with some older versions of Orbacus that did not handle wide
    character data correctly

I *think* I found and removed all code that sends and receives version
information. However, I didn't find any code that actually uses this
info to change the behavior, even though your comment implies that such
code should exist. All I found was that the version of the communication
partner is logged. Your comment made me wonder if I missed something or
if the backwards compatibility code has been removed before the code
donation.

Thanks,
Lars