From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Soap-corba bridge
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:14:24 GMT
Hi Christian,

I think a better way to do this would be to first expose the idl interface as a wsdl &
then the soap-corba calls (or viceversa) can be routed or mapped easily...

This would be a standard approach to do the calls & is a perfect use case for the yoko
corba wsdl binding.

The yoko corba binding already does what you mentioned, i.e uses the information from the
wsdl & the corba binding (generated from idl) to get the typecodes & call the appropriate
corba methods...

The router or some mapper can then take a soap message & use this corba wsdl binding to
easily route the calls... Let me know if this makes sense...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Galbavy [mailto:slater2000@gmx.at]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:20 AM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Soap-corba bridge

Hi,

our goal is to use SOAP for dynamic invocations in CORBA.
So a short description how we want to start:
We want to take the SOAP-service-name and map this to a CORBA interface, so the SOAP method
in the body has the same name as the CORBA interface's method. If we find an approbriate method
in the CORBA interface using the CORBA interface repository, we want to call te CORBA method.

At this time we are looking at different technologies to achive this goal. For Axis2 there
might be a problem, cause we do not have any deployed services and the wsdl-files.
We can do the following:
When we have found the CORBA interface with the method, we can obtain the type information
of the parameters and the return value using the interface repository. Here we get TypeCodes.
Now we can use the Typecodes and the params from the SOAP call to invoke the CORBA method.
One point here is how to parse the SOAP params using the TypeCodes.

This is only one approach for us, we are looking at different ways.
It have not had time yet to look at the yoko project, but will do this today.
Please write me your thoughts about this topic.

Regards
Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------