From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Using Yoko in Apache Harmony
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:04:25 GMT
Will there be a requirement for exposing corba endpoints as webservices
(using corba wsdl binding) in the future of the harmony project? If so
you should depend on the complete yoko project, I see no harm in that as
you would get the web services capabilities for free...

About the dependency on yoko, if you are using maven then once we
publish our first milestone artifacts, you should be able to just depend
on them instead of manually updating the jars...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Petrenko [mailto:alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:44 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Using Yoko in Apache Harmony

Guys,

I'm working on Apache Harmony project [1] which is going to be a
compatible Java2SE 5 implementation (classlib + vm).

There is no CORBA implementation in Harmony yet. And  Apache Yoko
looks like a perfect candidate for this.

Are there any objections? Hope not :)

If not then I got few questions/suggestions...
1. Which of the jars produced by Yoko build are more suitable for our
needs? I'm looking on yoko-core...

2. I've compared CORBA from the Java2SE 5 with the Yoko Core (result
file is attached). The result summary is the following: "Success rate
is 77.6%. Bad: 112 classes, 50 interfaces, 576 methods. Missing: 3
packages, 21 classes, 13 interfaces, 37 methods, 2 constructors.
Abs.add: 2 methods."
Is it possible to set Java2SE 5 compatibility as a goal for the Yoko
subset implementing the Java2SE functionality? If so I can open JIRA
issues and prepare some patches corresponding to comparison failures.

3. Yoko has more packages in org.omg then specified in 1.5 spec. Is it
possible to produce a special jar for Harmony without those packages?
:)

4. Are you planing to put some prebuilt jars to your site? M1 release
for example... We think that the best way for us will be to download a
prebuilt Yoko jar and put it into our deploy directory.

Thoughts? Objections? Suggestions? Doubts?

Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/

--