From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Question on yoko-66 (<corba:param mode="out">)
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:10:29 GMT
Hi edell,

There are 2 cases here...

1)WSDL to Corba Binding : In this case, we don't know what the parameter
mode is... Is it out or a return parameter? I would say, in this case,
we can take the first part as the return parameter & if other parts are
present, they become the out parameter...

Eg:
<message name="Test.MultiPart.test_shortResponse">
    <part name="x" element="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.x"/>
    <part name="y" element="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.y"/>
</message>

So in the corba binding, this could be mapped to a

<corba:return name="x" idltype="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.x"/>
<corba:param name="y" mode="out"
idltype="xsd1:Test.MultiPart.test_short.y"/>

And in idl,

x <opname>(out y);

2)IDL To WSDL: In this case, the idl gives us the necessary parameter
modes & we should use those for the corba binding... And when mapping to
a wsdl message we can put the return parameter first & then the out
parameters...

Does this sound reasonable?

- Balaji