From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Specs, IDL compiler thoughts
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:10:42 GMT
Sooner or later, we need to get rid of all our generated java classes
and start generating these classes from the IDL sources.

We therefore need to decide which IDL compiler to use for this.

We have had some bad experiences with JacORB
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YOKO-34), so this time i suppose
we stick to the SUN-provided idlj compiler.

Geronimo has a CORBA 3.0 spec project. I think it would be reasonably
easy to adapt these files to work with idlj. IMO, this would be the best
approach.

One issue with idlj is that it does not have support for the "local"
keyword. I guess we will have to live with this limitation, and treat
all interfaces as non-local.

What do you think?

Regards,
Anders