From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Steps for hitting a Milestone release (WAS: RE: Milestone release)
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:26:58 GMT
Nolan, Edell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If we go along with 0.9-snapshot-M1 and then when releasing each
> milestone
> We strip out "snapshot" and release as 0.9-M1 - does this sound
> reasonable.

Setting aside the argument of 1.0 vs 0.9, snapshot releases are labeled:

1.0-M1-SNAPSHOT

The string "-SNAPSHOT" at the *end* of the version has special meaning.

As for "0.9" I feel very strongly that version releases less than 1.0
are silly.  Maybe that's strong language but that's how I feel.

Regards,
Alan