From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Steps for hitting a Milestone release (WAS: RE: Milestone release)
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:09:24 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Alan,
>

>> It doesn't need to have the word incubating in the version and I, IMO,
>> think that it's awkward.
>>

> Are you sure about that?   The incubator reviewers required that for all the
> tuscany artifacts for their milestone 1 release.   That is also an incubating
> project so I would "assume" the rules for them would also apply to us.
>
> We had a JIRA issue:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-370

I don't understand what this issue has to do with your point.  Maybe you
meant to past a different issue?

There is no hard and fast rule on this other than it must be clear that
we are in incubation.  This is what the Tuscany project chose to do.

To be sure, we will pepper our release w/ plenty of of disclaimers, etc.
so that it will be obvious that we're in incubation.  I shall speak to
these issues in "Layout for Yoko Distribution...".

Regards,
Alan