From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Test failure and hang building latest code
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:03:57 GMT
I had started on it but have been side tracked to fixing other issues.
Please let me know if anyone is picking this up...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Kulp, John Daniel
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 4:03 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Alan D. Cabrera; rickmcg@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Test failure and hang building latest code

Balaji started working a little bit on this this morning and ran into
some
snags.    I'm not sure how far he got, but it MAY not be possible with
the way the Maven surefire plugin works.    If you look at the code for
java.rmi.RMIClassLoader, the initialize method does:
		Class providerClass =
		    Class.forName(providerClassName, false,
				  ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader());

Thus, the class has to be on the SYSTEM classpath, it doesn't use any
type
of context classloader.   When maven "forks" surefire, it sets a system
classpath that ONLY contains the Surefire stuff which then loads the
project classpath in an internal classloader.

Anyway, the code probably works, but I'm not sure how to get surefire to

actually use it.   We MAY need to put just that class in a separate jar
and maybe add a "<argLine>-Xbootclasspath/p:thatjar</argLine>"  section
to the surefire config.  (requires forking be turned on)    I'm not
really sure yet.

Dan

On Friday 02 June 2006 15:43, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> This is due to the fact that the file path to your local maven
> repository has spaces in it, "Documents and Settings".  The default
RMI
> classloader barfs.  We should use the RMI classloader that's in
> Geronimo,

modules/system/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/system/rmi/RMIClassLoaderSp

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer